The STARS project has been developed and coordinated by the DITECFER railway cluster from Italy, gathers 16 railway-related partners in Europe and has the support of 30 key European organisations. It is co-funded by the COSME programme of the EU. The project aims at representing a booster in terms of production performances and innovation capabilities for SMEs thanks to the uptake of Advanced Technologies that can make such change possible.
What are the STARS Hack&Match events?
The “Hack&Match” events represent an integral part of the assistance process delivered by the STARS project partners, as we plan to accompany the more traditional SMEs to these events not just with
“needs” but with potential solutions. This will make both the Hackathon-part and the Matchmakingpart more specific and tailored.
The STARS Partners will organise five Hack&Match events during the project:
- The topic of the first one was: “Energy efficiency for Railway Processes, Products and Services”.
- For the second Hack&Match, we decided to focus on: “Big data for railway processes, products and services”.
- The topic of the three previous events was: “Energy efficiency for Railway Processes, Products and Services” ; “Big data for railway processes, products and services” & “Blockchain for railway processes, products and services”.
- For the fourth Hack&Match, we decided to focus on: “Digital Twin & Artificial Intelligence for railway processes, products and services”.
Participation is free of charge and 100% online.
STARS « Hack & Match » events are an integral part of the support services provided by the EU STARS project for small and medium-sized enterprises. The aim is to support SMEs from Europe’s rail/mobility sector by introducing advanced technologies. This should contribute to improving their products, services, manufacturing processes and organisation and ultimately to an increase in innovation and competitiveness.
The main focus of the STARS « Hack & Match » event #5 is to develop and stimulate innovation and cooperation between more traditional and technology-savvy SMEs and solution providers on the topic of « Advanced Technologies for Resilience of Railway Supply Chains ».
How do you participate?
Call for Challenges
- SMEs from the rail/mobility sector that need support in introducing and applying advanced technologies can define a specific challenge.
- The Call for Challenges is open from 1 to 31 July 2023.
Call for Solutions
- Technology-savvy SMEs/start-ups and the research community can contribute their solutions/knowledge – based on Advanced Technologies – to open up new application fields and cooperation opportunities in the rail/mobility sector, become more visible there, establish new development partnerships, and drive innovation projects forward.
- A possibility for all other organisations to jointly develop ideas and promote cooperation opportunities.
- The Call for Solutions will be open from August 1st to September 1st 2023.
« Hack & Match » event
- Within two days, teams of « Challenge Providers » and « Solution Providers » will jointly develop solutions for one addressed challenge each.
- The teams will be supported by « Technical Tutors » and « Animation Tutors » from the STARS project consortium.
- The STARS « Hack & Match » Event #5 will occur from 6 to 8 September 2023.
- The STARS « Hack & Match » Event #5 will occur from 7 to 8 September 2023.
- Kick-off meeting: 7 September 2023 | 09:00-10:00 UTC+2
- Teamwork part: 7 September 2023 | 10:00 UTC+2 – 8 September 2023 | 17:00 UTC+2
- Closure meeting: 8 September 2023 | 17:00-18:00 UTC+2
For more information, please click here.